Thursday, October 13, 2011

Class Discussion Notes

Existentialist-"I don't care how the universe was created or our origins, but we are going to die!" And all this dread.
- meaningless-amine "grains on a beach in humanity"
-Nietzsche- satisfy your impulses. Accept it owns live on young. Enjoyment of life.
-metaphor: Death is a shadow breathing over your shoulder.
-It's subjective 'morality as it exists' index to the will of power.
-Nietzsche-human society
-"Who is achieving and bring them down" (level the playing field)
-Morality is limiting
-Morality in Nietzsche-inability to achieve the goals
-Morality in Kierkegaard-finally faith religious stage
-"trusting the universe to provide" "All happens thanks to God"
-'The verge of death'-survive in all costs-makes you human
-"accepting your death"'be ready to die'
-"I'm not afraid of death, I'm just don't want to be around when it happens"
-significance of life and what does existence truly mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment